miércoles, 25 de enero de 2012

Ringo Starr Quotes 

I've never been able to sit round on my own and play drums, practice in the back room, never been able to. I've always played with other musicians. It's how I play, there's no joy for me in playing on my own, bashing away. I need a bass, a piano, guitar, whatever, and then I can play.
 
#9
 
I never studied anything, really. I didn't study the drums. I joined bands and made all the mistakes onstage.
 
#8
 
I'm not going to say anything because nobody believes me when I do.
 
#7
 
When we first started, they basically went John and Paul's way because they were the writers and they would say, "This is the song," and I would play as creatively as I could. Sometimes I would have three people telling me how to do it. They were saying play it this like on that track. I'm saying, "For Christ's sake, there are two drummers there." They could never hear that, you know. You'd have to have four arms to do half the stuff they wanted me to do.
 
#6
 
I got blisters on my fingers!
 
#5
 
Everyone thought we toured for years, you know, but we didn't. I joined in '62, and we'd finished touring in '66 to go into the studio where we could hear each other... and create any fantasy that came out of anybody's brain.
 
#4
 
Do you remember when everyone began analyzing Beatles songs? I don't think I ever understood what some of them were supposed to be about.
 
#3
 
America: It's like Britain, only with buttons.
 
#2
 
I started to be an engineer but I banged me thumb on the first day. I became a drummer because it was the only thing I could do.
 
#1
 
I couldn't put my finger on one reason why we broke up. It was time, and we were spreading out. They were spreading out more than I was. I would've stayed with the band.
 

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario